Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Ultimate Romantic Gesture


Read this today and was overwhelmed at the passionate love my God has for me! Be encouraged!

Jesus's death was the ultimate romantic gesture of the most pure and perfect love imaginable. Imagine Christ down on one knee, showing you His bloody, nail-scarred palms, saying,

"I did this for you so that I could set you free from sin and death, transform you from a beggar into a royal princess, and make you My own for all eternity. I did this so that My life could invade your being and consume every aspect of your existence. Every moment you are awake, I desire to reveal more of Myself to you. Come away from sin, selfishness and worldly pursuits. Come away to My beautiful land. Let My life sustain you through richer or poorer, through sickness and health, through all of lifes's ups and downs. The most glorious romance of all time awaits you. All you have to do is take My hand and say YES!"

That, sisters, is what HE alone can offer you and how He fulfills your heart. May we pursue Him as He is constantly pursuing us! Praise Him!

0 comments: